Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Post!

Hi guys!!!! My name is David. I'm a 17 year old high school senior. And I will be spending my 2012-2013 year attending high school in Japan.(Wooo!!!!) I'm unbelievably excited for it!!!!This blog will record my life, leading up to, during, and after the exchange.

 So first off, I'm able to do this exchange thanks to the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program. It began as an application, grew into an interview, transformed into a passport fair, mutated into a 16 page application, evolved into a bigger interview, and then became a gruesome month-long waiting period, but I got accepted to go to Japan.

So far I've attended one orientation. I still have 2 more plus some kind of convention I have to attend before I leave. So for now updates will be random and inconsistant. Leading up to the time of departure(which should be in early August) they will probably get more frequent, up until late october when I will probably(hopefully not) fall off the face of the earth for a little while.(Hopefully this means that I'll be having a blast in Japan, and don't have time to update. ^^')

So for now I'll begin to update about the whole process beginning from the application, up until the first orientation.

I'll do my best to keep you guys posted. Thanks for reading!
Bye! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment